Wednesday, March 31, 2010

happy...

My children are in bed. I sit here typing a few words as I wait for my husband to get off of work. I smile as I type. Though it has been a long day, I have many blessings to offer up thanks for. A loving husband who spent the hours before working doing laundry and preparing a dinner he would not be home to eat.

A note greeted my arrival explaining only towels were left to dry. I smiled gratefully, the mountain of clothes had disappeared. Lasagna was cooking and the children's favorite bread and spreadable cheese waited to be served. Even salad and a veggie were prepared. I smiled and gathered everyone together for the gifts left for us to enjoy.

Later... after cake (yes, he did leave cake)... I pondered what I could do to help. I fixed loose locks, hung light blocking curtains for the girls after a long search for the missing curtain rod. (I credit divine intervention... I just couldn't figure out where I'd laid the crazy thing.) I put the towels away, cleaned the bathroom and framed a wedding photo. I weeded a fence line and planted two grapevines, zinnias and peas... (Yup, I do know it is too early for the zinnias... I have enough seeds to replant if they freeze.) =-)

I smile thinking about the day off that three out of five family members share tomorrow. A portfolio evening for our younger daughter and getting up at 5:45 instead of 5:30.

I cherish the time to be with my husband and our older daughter...

This day and always, I give thanks to our Lord, to the One who gave us life... the only source of goodness... joy... peace...

I pray you are well.

I asked that you are blessed.

No comments: