Monday, July 5, 2010

Holidays...

Stopping for soda and shorts on the way back from church, we headed to the parade with enthusiasm. Though it was hot, I simply love cheering and catching candy. True, I can and do buy sugary confections aplenty, there is something special about munching on yummies you've "caught".

After the parade, we headed over to my parents house. It was then that I realized... sigh... yup I had totally forgotten to bring the grill. Suffice it to say I was aggravated. In the end, it didn't matter... it all worked out alright.

Later as I sat on the lawn of my parents' church and watched the fireworks with my entire family, I smiled. Though the day had its share of ups and downs, in the end it simply didn't matter. My parents, my brothers, my husband, my children, my aunt, my uncle, my niece... they didn't wack me with a rock for my mistake... the day wasn't ruined.

What a blessing... forgiveness... family...

No comments: