Friday, July 2, 2010

Wandering on a lazy afternoon...

With eight children in tow, I walked the paths at Blendon Woods Metro Park today. We enjoyed the comfortable weather as we walked through forest and field. Butterflies, daddy long legs and even squirrels scurrying in the underbrush caught our fancy.

The kids, students at my school's summer camp, delighted in a scavenger hunt.
(Don't worry my students had to show me what they found, we did not collect anything.)

Along the way we took a break to play "Guess the animal" with a communal piece of chalk on a bit of paved trail and my charges drenched each other with the contents of their water bottles. I laughed and looked the other way. Water, after all, is just water.

I returned to the bus with a smile and a very satisfied feeling. I hope you have an opportunity to enjoy this wonderful season.

Now and always, I pray you are blessed with the peace that comes from the One who made the forest in which we played today.

No comments: