Thursday, July 24, 2014

Ohio State Fair

Today my Aunt Lesley and I went to the Fair.  From partaking of blueberry corn ice cream to taking wacky photos at various booths with wooden cutouts, enjoying the Ohio State Fair is a long standing family tradition.  Both my mother and my grandmother absolutely loved our happy adventures.  Now they are gone but we still carry on the tradition.
      My eldest child shares our enthusiasm too.  In years gone by, she headed off to school with an amazing collection of pencils freely given by various government agencies at their informational booths. If her pencil rolled off her desk, there was no doubt who it belonged to.  How many kids have railroad safety or public health pencils?
     Today my dear girl had to work, so she couldn't come with my Aunt and I.  We will be heading back very soon to make new Fair memories together.  I don't know if you and yours enjoy fairs, but whatever you appreciate about summertime, I pray that you are able to find time to enjoy life with those you love.


No comments: