Tuesday, April 6, 2010

patience when grumpy...


It took a while to lay the landscape fabric under the mulch. It will take even longer for grapes to grow from the twigs I placed hopefully in the earth.
Tonight I've been working on things for our class play, doing chores and helping ferry our older daughter to a movie and back. I am tired and I must confess, I am grumpy.
I know I am just tired but, how I wish I could have a reason to throw a fit.
Instead....
My family was pleasant this evening. We had a picnic at the dog park and played there a bit. In the flight path to our local airport, we watched airplanes circle as they came in to land along with the bitty pooches.
Back at home, my kids helped take the trash around without even complaining.
The kids even told us they loved us as they headed up to bed.
I know I am both very blessed and also very bratty when I am tired.
Perhaps I need to say my "Thank you's" myself and get myself to sleep.
This night and always, I pray that you are blessed with what you need for your adventure through this world. That no matter how dark it seems, that you be given a light. There is always hope.
May you be blessed.

No comments: