Monday, April 5, 2010

A yummy surprise for everyone!

I got home first tonight and decided to have a cookout. Grabbing the bag of charcoal from my car, I lit the grill and commenced my plans. My son and I headed for the carryout for hamburger buns, a bag of our favorite BBQ spicy chips and some ice.

Back home there was just enough time to make deviled eggs, a relish tray and slice some onions before the coals were ready. The door chimed (It's alarmed so our son can't accidentally leave at night.), and I met my husband at the door with a glass of diet soda.

I returned to the kitchen and stealthily finished microwaving the bacon and cooking the burgers. Dinner was almost done before my guy figured out that it had been our house that had smelled so good when he pulled in the driveway.

Mission accomplished! Yay for me! What a good surprise! I must say that I usually give hints and give my secrets away before it is time.

Sigh... I love cookouts... love yummy treats... I love warm weather!

If you enjoy outdoor treats as much as I do, grab a bag of charcoal and share something tasty with your dear ones!

No comments: