Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Step by Step...

This evening I spent some time looking over this week's lesson plans and making a few small adjustments. I also began fleshing out my plans for next week. I checked my course of study to see what I needed to cover and looked over some of my supplemental materials. I also spent some time typing up my mid quarter assessments to share with my parents.

It is amazing how much progress my students have made in just about five weeks time. With each game, each journal entry... each flashcard contest, my students are making significant gains. I hope that by Halloween my students will all be able to identify all their upper and lower case letters and that by Christmas we'll have a good handle on our letters sounds. While we are still a ways off from these goals, I know that my students and I are on a journey. One day at a time we will work together, we will stay the course... we will accomplish what we need to do!

No comments: