Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Fun Days with Children

In less than a half hour I'll be headed out the door to work. I am so fortunate that my "work" takes me into a school. Being a teacher is the most wonderful job in the world. I'm constantly busy and the challenge of teaching so that my students learn the standards is an amazing responsibility.

However, this week, none of the "stress" of teaching applies. It is a non-curriculum week which means basically I get paid to play all day. Yesterday I played Old Maid and Crazy Eights. Small children brought me pretend food for me to taste and I played chasing games in our gym. At lunch I still reminded children of their manners and I did put kids, "on the wall" at recess for hitting and kissing, but it was a purely fun day.

There are so few days in life that we are allowed to just play. When they come they should be treasured, enjoyed... and lived to the fullest!

No comments: