Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Fifty cents...

I forgot my lunch at home... that's how it started. So after setting out my afternoon lessons, I headed up the hill to Kroger for a can of soup and a soda. Once in the store however I noticed the employees changing the seasonal section and wandered over to see what goodies were marked down.

It was then that I saw them... play balls for only fifty cents. As we've been practicing "catch" in gym I was delighted and found thirteen for my students and I to play with. Later, at recess I showed my little ones how to bounce a ball on the wall and catch it. This little dear was amazed at how easy it suddenly was to catch.

I smiled...
Fifty cents...
a pink plastic ball...
coordination...
exercise...

sure...
but, more importantly...
sheer joy...

No comments: