Monday, August 9, 2010

Remembering a friend...

I've just come home from the funeral home. A very kind woman I used to work with died at only forty eight. A teacher... An artist... A mother... A wife... A friend... She was so many different things to so many people.

Tears welled in my eyes when I thought about what her absence will mean to so many... That I'd never get that chance to meet sometime for lunch and, "catch up".

On the way home though, I talked with my eldest who had been one of her students and we reminisced. Though my friend had only forty eight years on this earth, we both agreed she had used them well.

I pray that her family is comforted and that everyone who knew my friend... each student... each tiny baby who her "Baby Bundles" project helped... each individual whose life was made better by knowing a very remarkable woman... I pray that the love she has shared... the work she began will be continued...

I trust that someday... We will meet again...

This day and always ...
I bid you peace. I ask that you be blessed.

No comments: