Saturday, November 29, 2008

Chuckling to myself


Yesterday I started scrubbing, priming and painting the walls in my family's living and dining room.

Last night I painted the far wall a cheery sky blue.

This morning as I set about giving it another coat and considering the line where the blue met the white ceiling I had, "a moment".

I chuckled to myself and started painting white clouds along the border of the ceiling.

This is certainly not the first time I have done this action. But, up to this point, clouds have been contained in children's bedrooms.

As I painted, I grinned and shook my head a bit. Then I stood back and considered the affect. I must confess the whole look made me smile.

My eldest, who was playing her handheld Nintendo game system, looked up midway through my craziness and said that I'd been at Enchanted Care too long. (We have murals everywhere at school.)

I laughed. I hadn't even thought of the connection.

Regardless of their source of inspiration, the clouds make me happy to look at them.

My eldest said that now the, "deed is done", I should just go ahead and paint them on the other walls as well. I don't know about that... but, I do know I'm leaving the ones I have so far.

My youngest daughter smiled and said she liked them. My little guy of course can't tell me what he thinks, but I say he likes them!

I know I do.

No comments: