Saturday, November 1, 2008

Volley ball and lesson plans

I sat on the edge of the bleachers today literally holding my breath as the last points of the semi-final tournament game were played. My eldest daughter's team won in the third set!

The game was a nail bitter as the teams were evenly matched and were both playing well. Today favored my daughter's team and I was so very very happy.

I really do believe that if you play well there is no disgrace in losing.

But, who wants to lose?

A hard won victory is amazing to witness. Tomorrow the team faces the only undefeated team. Since it is a double elimination tournament, they will have to beat them twice to claim the title.

It may happen and it may not. (Though I would relish a victory for the girls last game together.)

Most of the team has played together for five years. I have watched them develop from young children into young woman. From girls who couldn't make a serve go over the net to ladies who have no problem serving, setting and spiking. The joy on their faces during their final victory cheer today made me smile all the way through. I am so proud of all of them. They have come so far. Learned so much.... had so much fun.

Tomorrow as I watch the final moments of my daughter's elementary team sport participation tick away, I know I'll feel a bit melancholy. I have enjoyed every moment spent in the stands.

Tonight I sit doing the lesson plans that could have been done today, but... I do not regret the time spent with the young woman who makes me so proud. My eldest is a good kid... a fun kid... I am so glad she's mine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You will have to let us all know how the two game go on Sunday!