Sunday, June 6, 2010

The first coneflower blooms...

I've seen a bud on my Black eyed Susan's.

My "Sunrise" cone flowers are growing petals and soon will be sharing their cheery yellow blossoms.

This year though,
it is my pink cone flowers that are blooming first!


Nestled between the lavender and other perennials in my front bed, I didn't notice the smaller plant until their almost fluorescent color caught my eye. My photo does not even begin to do justice to their beauty.



Like so many things, the real deal is so much better than a copy. It is the difference between a real stained glass window made by the hand of an artist and one mass produced with "lead" lines painted on.

Both may be lovely... only one is truly a masterpiece.


Sugar free cookies... or Double Chocolate ones rolled in real sugar...

Blueberry pancakes made with plump berries or ones made with fake pellets of sugar...


Which would you choose?


The best things in life...

aren't fake...

No comments: