Friday, February 5, 2010

My first "badge"!

Last weekend at Chestnut Ridge Metro Park, a smiling Ranger gave me my very first patch for hiking. With a grin I happily accepted it and took my kiddos over to the picnic tables to get some hot dogs, baked potatoes and hot chocolate.

It was a bitterly cold day, but the hike was beautiful. We walked our favorite trail counter clockwise as per the hike signs and mused that it seemed as if we were in a different park. We hiked up hills we usually walk down and walked down those we generally hike up. My younger daughter was a bit distressed about this "backwards" hike at first, but I convinced her to cooperate.

In the end, there was a patch for me and yummies for all. Everyone even agreed that the "backwards" hike wasn't horrible after all.

No comments: