Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Giving thanks...


Perhaps I have been too vehement in my renunciation of winter. The past two "Snow Days" have been absolutely wonderful. One day of playing at school and one day to relax at home. The time off has been a blessing. Tomorrow I am sure my bitty charges will not want to be "educated" and I'll need to be on top of my game.
Tonight however,
I am counting my blessings.


I give thanks for so many things.
For shelter from the cold and snow.
For food to share with those I love.
For a job, that though challenging, is a blessing.
For the children who call me mom.
For my parents...
For my friends...
For my very life...
Each day is a gift.
I am grateful.
More than anything though,
I feel blessed to have taken care of a few pieces of business.
The outcome of the errands?
A piece of paper... two simple gold bands...



No comments: