Saturday, February 20, 2010

Boxes... family... blessings...

Today my family did what families are supposed to do, we helped one of our own. My younger brother has recently accepted a managerial position at a Ruby Tuesday's out of town and had to move. ( Ruby Tuesday's has very good food, including the best salad bar I've ever been to, you might want to check it out at http://www.rubytuesday.com/.)

Yesterday afternoon my sibling received his keys and the word went out that the move was on for today. Dad drove the U Haul, I carried little things, my aunt kept the doorway dry and my older brother and my husband carried all the heavy things.

My younger brother? (This would be me chuckling slightly... he had to work... yup... we moved him without his presence.) I'd like to tell you we didn't do anything silly but, I must confess that in addition to the boxes carefully carried in, his older sister did put two empty Diet Coke bottles in his refrigerator. I laughed when I found them in his old home and figured they needed to move with him.

While we worked, we all laughed and talked. Though moving is not amusing, it sure is a better way to gather family than a funeral. With all my heart, I am so glad to be blessed with kind people who love me. I am so happy to have people to love.

What a blessing it is to have family.

Life is good.

This day and always, I pray for you. That you are blessed. May you have peace in your heart and family to love you.

No comments: