Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Daydreaming on a winter's day...

I sit inside, toasty and warm.
Outdoors it is cold.
Yup....
cold...
Piles of snow are everywhere to be seen.

Today was a "Play Day" at school as nearly every school in Central Ohio was out for the day. I can only imagine the outrage of the students at the one or two schools in session.

I had a friendly group of kiddos. A happy mix of my last year's students and this year's. We played together all day. It was a relaxing day. I think everyone needs a "fun" day every once in a while.

Despite the joy that the snow brought today, I must confess that I am ready for spring and dare I say it? I am ready for summer as well. Tonight we sat and talked about how we could camp with our Andrew. We talked over details about how we could make it safe. We talked about gardening and even mused about the future and how we dream to explore our country.

The Food Network had a count down showcasing amazing places to eat all over the United States and it made us grin. How I look forward to wandering down Route 66 someday or even heading downtown to try the "Dagwood" challenge that made it onto national television. Giant sandwiches, large balls of twine and friendly people selling postcards... yup! Please count me in!

So what am I to do about winter in the meantime? I will give thanks for the time to think happy thoughts... to plot... to dream... I will try to be patient... For every thing there is a season... Without winter... would the first spring flower have the same impact?

Sigh... every part of creation is here for a reason... There is value in it all...

I guess it's a good thing I am not in charge...

I'd be tempted for endless summer... tiny toads and peanut butter picnics at the top of Conkle's Hollow...

Now and always, I pray that you have the warmth of summer in your heart. That in the "cold" times you know you are loved.

May you be blessed!

No comments: