Monday, February 22, 2010

Thinking things over...

Today I walked out my front door and into a cold dripping rain. I winced at the chill and shook my head. Then I looked over my shoulder at our babysitter and remarked that at least it wasn't snowing.

At lunch time my husband met me for lunch since he had the day off and I smiled. I didn't need to look for the silver lining... I was just happy.

Later, my students practiced saying "hello" in Spanish using a plastic echo microphone. In response to my "Como te llamas?", I had quite a few kiddos reply, "Me llamo... Captain Underpants!" I shook my head and remarked that they could "be" whoever they liked as long as they repeated the Spanish words to the best of their ability.

Later as we examined different citrus fruit and compared and contrasted their similarities and differences, I chuckled as they gleefully licked lemons. I smiled when they gasped at their first sight of a blood orange. After assuring the children that the orange could not really have blood since it was not an animal, all but two were willing to give it a try.

When our curriculum time was over, I saw someone get a ticket when they tried to go left of center to ditch the line into a nearby school pick up area and came bumper to bumper with an oncoming police cruiser. I saw the furious expression on the policeman's face and shook my head, very glad to sit and keep out of the way.

Tonight I came home to an amazing pasta dinner and my favorite people. The day seems so long and after helping my husband with some paper work and talking a bit, it was almost time for bed. It was my exercise dvd for me and a walk for my guy. We're trying to be healthy.

I am sure that you, like me, sometimes feel frustrated. Sometimes it's raining, or my students are unruly. Sometimes though I am really happy, like when I meet my husband for lunch or when my children tell me about their adventures at the dinner table.

Life is full of ups and downs. Rocks on the road... bodies that protest loudly in response to simple exercises that shouldn't hurt but do... In the end though, I am glad to be here. To have my family. To have this life. To be loved and to love.

This day and always...
I pray for sunshine for your path... or an umbrella...

Happiness for your travels... or someone to share your pain...
Good things... blessings... or strength for trials...

In short... I bid you peace... I pray you are blessed.

No comments: