Saturday, June 28, 2008

The essentials for a good road trip


Before you start on any adventure, think about what you might want to take to make the trip more enjoyable. As a child my mom always packed a towel, in case we found water to play in, and small plastic Tupperware juice cups, so she could buy a large Frosty and share it between my brothers and I. Looking back I remember many times we'd wade at a State park or play in a rest area drinking fountain (the kind with a spigot on the bottom) and my mom would always have a towel to dry us off. She never had to say "no" simply because we would end up wet.
Think hard before you leave, what would make you and your traveling companions happy? My husband and I always stop for gas and get M&M's and Combos. The kids know the drill. I sit in the front and dole out the goodies. Anyone who fights gets less and if they're really good we'll get them all drinks somewhere along the way. (I don't know where you are from but, here in Ohio one of our gas stations has giant drinks and Icees for 79cents all summer long. My kids love picking out their favorite "fluffy" drink or soda.)
Once you're good to go, take off to the "Open Road", as our youngest daughter says! Along the way spread some of your happiness with those you meet. Life is a wonderful adventure! P.S. The mom in me must remind you to, always buckle up! =-)

No comments: