Saturday, June 28, 2008

Go Pick Something!


Summer is not complete without a trip to pick some form of fruit. I remember fondly picking strawberries with my mom as a kid. As an adult I have had a hard time finding places that let patrons pick their berries and as an avid gardener I know why they hesitate. However, with the help of the Columbus Dispatch website you'll be able to have better luck that just calling random fruit sellers as I have in the past. Go to: http://audio.dispatch.com/flash/markets/markets.html to find places in Central Ohio where you can pick your own fruit! My mom found the article in the paper and gave it to me. I was very pleased and knew I had to share it with all of you!
I am very fortunate to have a very good friend who is extremely generous with her amazingly large cherry tree so I haven't been to a comercial farm this year. This morning we picked cherries for two hours and now I have three gallon bags of cherries! Just imagining all the yummy things we will make (cobbler, jelly, pie...) makes my mouth water. So raise your right hand and promise me you will consider your own trip. Whether it be to pick from a kind neighbor's tree or to tread lightly through a "pick your own" strawberry patch. JUST GO PICK SOMETHING! =-)

No comments: