Friday, June 27, 2008

See how Peanut Butter is Made!

If you have a passion for roasted nuts and would delight in learning exactly why your favorite cashews are costing you a fortune, then you simply must visit the Krema Nut Company in Columbus, Ohio! This tour is for adults 21 and older for insurance reasons although everyone is welcome in the store. Beyond the expected roasted nuts and peanut butter, you also will have the opportunity to purchase PB&J sandwiches and even ice cream! My husband and I went on the tour and we thought it was very interesting. The people in the factory are very friendly. To have a tour you must have 15 people, however if you don't have 14 friends to accompany you, do not despair. Call the Krema Nut people, they will add you to an existing tour if they have room. I called the very same day that I was wanting to come and was happily added to a tour! The highlight of the tour for me was watching a video that Mr. Rogers made when he came to the factory years ago. I guess that dates me but, trust me. The trip is well worth it! For more information go to the Krema Nut Company website at http://www.krema.com/ or call them at(800) 222-4132. The factory is located at 1000 West Goodale BoulevardColumbus, Ohio 43212.

No comments: