Friday, June 27, 2008

Sleep in a Tepee!


Last summer some girls and I went to Mammoth Cave. The cave was amazing and you must go! (I mean it... go to the National parks web page and buy some tickets! http://www.nps.gov/maca/) When you go make sure to sleep at Wigwam #2 in Cave City Kentucky! My best buddies and I had a great time. The rooms are round and ice cold! The air conditioning really will freeze you out! The rooms are simple with furniture dating back to the 30's and the rates are comparable to a "normal" (boring) hotel room. Check out their website at http://www.wigwamvillage.com/. Make sure to buy your own "wigwam" from the Gift Tepee, they will even paint your tepee number on it! Behind the ring of wigwams is a beautiful field that had horses. There is also a playground, picnic tables and lots of lawn chairs to sit and watch the sunset. I know you'll have fun.

2 comments:

Miss Issippi said...

What an amazing find! Do you think the teepee would still be very cold in the summer?

This is on my radar.

an adventurer on the road of life said...

The reason the teepee was cold was the a.c. had such a small area to cool that even on low the room was freezing. =-)