Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Don't believe everything you read!

This past spring, as I planned our garden, I pondered what I should plant.

I looked over the seed racks in the store and was attracted to the lovely hollyhocks that grace so many country gardens.

To my disappointment, every package said that it would take a year for the flowers to bloom.

Resolutely, I bought them anyway deciding that they would be worth the wait.

Imagine my delight when several weeks ago the hollyhocks started to bloom in defiance of the sad seed packet prediction.

It struck me today, as I admired the pink flowers that promise to be more than four feet tall, that there are many times when we are happily surprised by life.

The strangers that help us, the critters that nest in our yards and even the beautiful flowers that bloom when they shouldn't.

There are so many blessings in life that despite the problems we face, I am confident that if we don't give up, something wonderful is likely just around the corner.

No comments: