Sunday, August 3, 2008

Play in the yard!


Late this afternoon, my kids and I headed outside.

My youngest daughter is greatly concerned that the caterpillars have disappeared and that we haven't found their chrysalis. We searched for a while but didn't find them. (I'm convinced they are in the garden somewhere.)

My son was totally unconcerned with our activities and enjoyed playing with the dried grass clippings in the yard. (He loves to throw them up and watch them rain down!)

After hunting in vain for the black swallow tails, my eldest and I thought it might be fun to play with our "scoop and toss" game. The game is satisfying with an ordinary ball but, today we took it up a notch.

We played with water balloons!

The balloons rolled just as well as the ball normally does and had the added bonus that either catching or missing could result in a water bath!

The next time you are at a loss of what to do, go outside and relax with your favorite people.

Whether you play a game or sit around and talk, doing "nothing" important can be delightful!

No comments: