Saturday, August 16, 2008

Night falls at Three Creeks

Tonight the wind blew and made me wish for a sweater.

I saw bats flit overhead searching for their dinner.

A possum dashed through my line of sight and the shining eyes of deer looked out at me from the dark.

Beside me sat my favorite people in all the world.

Where was I?

What was I doing?

Yet again, I was enjoying the wonderful programing offered by the Columbus Metro Parks System. More specifically, I was on a Full Moon Tram ride offered at Three Creeks in Groveport.

I urge you to take a look at the programing offered at our amazing parks and consider attending a night time event. (http://reservations.metroparks.net/programs/)

The forest comes alive with tiny sounds when the sun goes down and critters emerge that are seldom seen during the day.

Your dear ones will cuddle close when the breeze gives them a taste of the coming autumn.

As you head back toward home, you may find yourself buying hot fudge sundaes and quietly singing to the radio.

Trust me, it could happen.





No comments: