Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Watch the birds!

One of my favorite summer occupations is to peer out my large front window into my flower beds and watch the wildlife.

Sometimes I see butterflies or woolly bumblebees. Other times I see pesky Japanese beetles or tiny golden flies.

Occasionally, as our sunflowers develop heavy seed heads, we are treated to aerial acrobatics by furry tailed critters.

But, by far one of the most delightful animals to grace our garden are the lovely yellow finches!

They come in droves to pick at our sunflowers and look for seeds among our zinnias.


I sat outside for about an hour today so that I could get this picture to share. Though they are plentiful, finches are a little timid.

If you get a chance, find a comfortable seat in a park, by a garden or on a patio.

Watch the feathered creatures flit about.

No comments: