Sunday, January 25, 2009

Bus Driver?


Now, while I assure you this isn't the bus I'll be driving,
(it's actually the bus that took my son to school on his first day so many years ago),

I will be driving a bus this week!
Due to some staffing changes in our after school program, I am going to make one of the bus runs in our very small Enchanted Care school bus.
I've made the trip as a passenger several times now and I must confess I'm actually looking forward to ending my day by picking up one very sweet child.
Yes, I did say ONE small human!
What a far cry from the crowded chaos that real bus drivers contend with everyday.
Despite the fact that I have only one passenger, I feel like an awesome trust has been given to me.
As a parent,
my children are the sunlight in my day,
the laughter in my soul,
the sticky goo that holds my world together.
I know what the little one in my care means to her loved ones.
I will be very careful.
I must admit though, that I will enjoy heading outdoors and having a few quiet moments at the end of my school day.
Besides, how can a teacher be sad that she gets to learn something new?


No comments: