Friday, January 30, 2009

Grumpy...



I've made it to Friday and I must admit I'm tired and a tad grumpy.
This morning I touched my alarm at five and crawled back under my fuzzy blanket until my next alarm at 5:26 when I sadly accepted the fact that morning was a reality I was going to have to face.


I crawled out of my bed and flipped on my computer. I quickly checked my email and turned on my itunes. Enlivened, or at least awakened, by the peppy music that flooded through my room, I began to prepare for the day ahead.


Later with my three kiddos up, lunches packed and a cup of coffee consumed, I said goodbye to the babysitter and the children I call my own.
Heading out, I hopped into my father's car and caught a ride to work with him. Along the way, we talked life over and I was struck again with how very glad I am to be his daughter.


What about you?
Who is in your life who you not only respect but whom you honestly enjoy discussing your "issues" with?
Being a chatty lady, I must confess that I can talk for hours with my closest friends.
Though my week has been eventful and I am really tired, tonight I am looking forward to playing rummy with one of my best girlfriends and unwinding after I tuck my kids into bed.
There is nothing quite like a good conversation to help put life in perspective. And if pizza and a beverage are included in the line up, even better.
Oh... and for those of you who are wondering about the picture showing a box of chocolate muffins at the top of this post... I made breakfast for dinner tonight and along with the fruit and milk I offered my children, my eldest made yummy healthy muffins with me. (Hey, humor me, there was an egg in that mix!) With two daughters and a little son with a sweet tooth, they certainly weren't complaining about my cure for the grumpies.
I wish for you a happy evening, unwind and relax, you are a blessing to those who know and love you! Take care of yourself and those you love. Have fun!

No comments: