Thursday, January 29, 2009

Safe in His Love

One of my all time favorite books is an endearing simple story called, Tommy's Camping Adventure. A little Golden Book, no longer in print, it is a story of adventure, the beauty of the outdoors and the love of family.

Today, I am so glad to have been raised in a family like little Tommy's where I was loved, valued and cared for so gently.
My life has had many trials, not the kind starving children face or refugees from war torn countries, but sincere trials none the less.
I suspect that many of you understand what I mean. That you have had your own scary moments in life.
I pray that like me, when you are faced with the unknown or simply with situations that overwhelm you, that you are able to know that you are loved.
(If you ever get a chance, find a copy of Tommy's adventure and read it. The beauty of nature, the love of family... these things are not an accident.)
The breathtaking views from a mountain and the warm feeling of lovingly being tucked into a cozy sleeping bag are, in my mind are a glimpse of our Creator.
May you see the good when you are afraid.
May someone kind hold your hand, feed you cookies and tuck you in.
May you be the kind one when it is your turn to comfort.
May you have peace.

No comments: