Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Eating Carrots when you've got the munchies


I don't know about you, but I've been trying to eat healthier this past year. I've been exercising and I'm actually pretty proud of the results I've seen.


But, I have to say that I've had the terrible munchies lately.
It seems to be worse when it is cold.
I'd like to pretend that it is my body's way of keeping me warm in this nippy season.
I'm betting though, that my body is just craving junk.
I try to be "good". I munch my carrots without even dip most days. I love salad, vegetables and fresh fruit.
However, carrots are just not cutting it today!
It's a good thing I'm a preacher's daughter or I might be tempted to sell my soul for a Snickers' bar!

Luckily for me, my youngest daughter's birthday is today. She has requested pizza for dinner!

Darn... Pizza AND cake... it will be such a hardship to have some.

I guess when I'm walking my treadmill tonight I'd better not whine. Clearly I'll need it!

Surely the tomato sauce and cheese are good for me....

Isn't there some study about the emotional benefits of indulging in small desires from time to time?...

O.K., I'll admit to making that last part up. But, it should be true.

God Bless, take care, keep warm...
I hope you find something yummy too, then I'm not the only "naughty" one!

No comments: