Saturday, January 9, 2010

We went to Three Creeks!

Heading out... I must confess I took a "short cut" and ended up on the wrong freeway. Aaaahhhh! I was so aggravated. I was afraid I had wrecked our outing. I prayed that the Ranger would be waiting for stragglers.

As we pulled in, I saw a ranger truck and one young man leaning against it talking to the Ranger. Since there are always at least two Rangers in the park I thought the one I saw was the "extra" Ranger. Happily, it was the one leading the hike and the young man leaning against the park vehicle was our only hike mate.

I was overjoyed and so relieved. I had been so worried, Andrew would not have understood what had happened. As I had driven the last ten minutes, I had formed a back-up plan. I was going to use the charcoal in my trunk and have our own cookout if I had to. Fortunately, tonight I was given a wonderful blessing by my patient fellow adventurers.

No comments: