Saturday, January 9, 2010

I take it back... I'm sorry...

Not long ago my kiddos and I went on an after work hike to Sharon Woods Metro Park. With darkness quickly approaching , we hiked on the first trail visible and ended up next to the freeway on a paved path. I was not impressed. I think I even told all of you I wasn't. I feel rather bad that I made unhappy noises about an honestly nice park.

This morning my girls and I went back to Sharon Woods for the second installment in the Winter Hike Series and had a very nice time. Even though my girls wonder why I find such joy in the outdoors, the hike was not too long and there was food at the end so they didn't mind the adventure. The yummy cookies, steaming flavorful soup and warm drinks made them forgive me.

Truth be told, I think they just like to complain. They were smiling and chatting too much to actually be suffering.

... teenagers
...Gotta love them...

No comments: