Friday, January 8, 2010

Thoughts...

As I sit at my computer, I am looking out my window. The snow is falling again. The flakes are small. The sky is bright. It looks cold out there.

Though it is not yet five o'clock, I've already fed my crew. It was burritos for dinner with peas and corn for side dishes. I think I was the only one eating peas. I really didn't mind. I love peas.

I feel quiet and thankful. It was a "Play Day" at school as our two major client schools were out for the day and we had "Big Kids" with us too. It was a nice day. We had free choice during Gym; coloring, floam and stuffed animals in Art and mashed potatoes and meatloaf for lunch.

My day had started out wonderfully. Before I even began to worry about the possibility of being late, my boss had called me and told me not to be concerned. The teacher who lives right across the street was willing to come in at seven. So, with a peaceful feeling, I heated up my car, helped my daughters get ready to go to babysit their cousin and made a thermos full of raspberry zinger tea.

The way to work was not too bad, everyone was being careful. No one seemed to mind that I was driving a bit slow and I arrived at school grateful. It was the beginning of a tranquil day.

I was able to get some report card assessments done which will put me ahead of the game next week. I was also allowed to leave an hour early because of my teachers' meeting early in the week!

All in all, it has been the kind of day that has left me feeling cozy and quiet.

I even managed to get through to two kiddos who discovered that Ms. Susan adds minutes onto a naughty child's "Reflection time" if eyes are rolled or rude remarks are directed her way. It was a good educational discovery on our "non-curriculum" day. =-)

I pray your day has been a good one...
That your night will be a happy one...
That your weekend will be wonderful...

Yeah...
I wish you only blessings...
now and forever...

No comments: