Friday, January 1, 2010

The beautiful world...

On this beautiful New Year's Day I took a hike. Go ahead and chuckle... I know it is no surprise that I was wandering in the great outdoors. Today though, I was very fortunate to be in a most lovely location. Nestled just over the border in Hocking County is the secluded Clear Creek Metro park. (http://www.metroparks.net/ParksClearCreek.aspx)

Today's back country hike took us onto the Nature Preserve, an area not open to hikers except during park programs. Happily bundled in layers, our group left the Ranger's station with anticipation and returned satisfied. It is delightful to meet new people, see familiar faces and enjoy the breathtaking beauty that is "out there" for each and everyone of us to enjoy.

Not a dime traded hands...
I heard not a single unkind word...
No major injury was sustained...
I did manage to scratch my nose...
I was admiring the scenery
and a berry bush caught me unaware.
Ouch!
I guess I should honestly pay more attention.

I am struck by what a blessing our park system is. Everyone is welcome. Rangers are glad to see you and fellow hikers chat happily with each other.

Sigh... what a happy day....

No comments: