Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Thankful for...

Tonight I've been blogging on my classroom blog and I've been to a teachers' meeting. I'm tired and it seems time is slipping away from me. I think I'll just name five things I'm thankful for today and call it a night.

1.) Tuna- My girls absolutely love it. A tuna fish sandwich in a lunch makes my dear ladies think they've won a million dollars. How nice to be able to make them happy so easily.

2.) Making it home safe- I am not fond of night driving or winter roads. Tonight I had to drive over an hour round trip to my meeting and while most of the way was clear, side streets and turn lanes were still a bit spooky in some places. I am so thankful to have made it home all in one piece.

3.) Brussel Sprouts- I picked some up at the store and treated myself at dinner. They are yummy little cabbages!

4.) Hugs- I collected some from each of my kids today, including an unsolicited one from my son when I came home. He was very happy to see me! It is nice to be loved.

5.) Imagination- Today for a writing prompt I made up an elaborate story about the "Snow Fairy" who came and visited our school causing mischief and mayhem. The kids loved the story and in the afternoon I treated them to a scavenger hunt for a treat she left us. Even my principal was in on it!

Perhaps my list will inspire you to make your own.
Goodnight my friends.
God Bless.


What about the picture you may ask?...
I forgot to talk about it...
I really am tired, please humor me...
That can be my number six...
Yesterday my kids happily ate "Breakfast for Dinner".
We hadn't had french toast in a while and honestly...
it made me really happy.
The mounds of powdered sugar...
made my older daughter happy...
I pretended not to see...



No comments: