Tuesday, May 12, 2009

At the door...



Standing expectantly,

my little daughter waited for someone to open the door.


In life,

there are times that we are frozen
on the edge of the future.


We are poised,

wondering,
what is out there?

Sometimes our musings are filled with excitement,

other times we may feel a little trepidation.


I think of the summer about to open before us,

I sigh contentedly when I daydream...
of trips to parks,

local beaches,

pine cone fights

and picnics under trees.


My kids have their own agendas...

water balloons,

camp outs

and staying up late.


Summer is my favorite season.


It is a time to take our shoes off,

literally and figuratively.


Tonight,

contemplate with me,

happy thoughts...


Lightening bugs...

burned marshmallows...

playing until the mosquitoes drive you inside...


Live this summer.

Embrace all it has to offer.

Open the door and step through!
May this night,
this season...
Bring you peace and blessings.


No comments: