Sunday, May 3, 2009

Foaming water... setting sun...


As the happy time
known as evening
settled around Columbus,
a friend and I wandered by Griggs Reservoir.
Despite living in Ohio a great deal of my adult life,
I had never stopped to watch the water flow over the spillway.
We chatted about this very fact,
how there are so many nearby places we've never seen.
Right around the corner,
holding peaceful moments and wonderful views.
It was fun to try and read the warning signs on the dam,
to see who could figure out what they said.
We laughed over the foam in the water,
he teasingly insisted it was soap from upstream,
I bet him it wasn't.
...I emailed him the link too...
(I know where my children get some of their brattiness!)
ha!
It was a lovely evening,
we even tried to feed cookies to the geese.
They wouldn't even dignify them with a nibble.
Apparently,
cookies don't look enough like white bread or water gunk.
Oh well,
it would have been a waste.
I make good cookies.
I smile when I think of my friend.
Of the innocent fun,
playing in parks.
.... Wandering wooded paths,
staring at dams,
or splashing in water,
good company is a blessing.
I pray that your week ahead is filled with interesting possibilities.
With wonderful surprises,
peace and maybe a playful bet or two.
This evening and always,
may you be blessed,
by the One who made us,
who made our world,
who gave us,
friends for the journey.

No comments: