Saturday, May 2, 2009

Tomato daydreams


The parking lot of my favorite grocery shares a common outlet with a Lowe's store.
This,
may not be temptation for some.
For me,
it is like a make out session is to a teenager.
It never surprises my children,
when I ease the car out of one parking spot
and slide it happily into another.
Like a kid in a video game store,
I stood in front of the display of tomatoes,
barely breathing.
Smiling
Daydreaming
I could almost taste the salads that will be made more perfect with the addition of sun ripened decadence.
I silently scooped up two plants recommended for containers
and traded my currency with deep satisfaction.
Back home,
they've been planted
and even photographed for you.
It makes me smile to see them.
I did have seeds.
I do every year.
The seeds,
comfort me in winter.
When I can't really plant a thing.
Somehow though,
warm days and clear nights
make me,
just a little more impatient than usual.
I think I'll just consider my packet of seeds,
winter "therapy"
and not count them a waste.
May you find happiness in what you love.
And,
if you embrace a little innocent temptation
...don't feel too guilty!
May you be blessed,
this evening and always.

No comments: