Sunday, May 3, 2009

A song in their hearts....




With my siblings and my favorite relatives all around,

we celebrated my parents' fortieth Wedding Anniversary today.
It all began so many years ago when my father visited my mother's church.
He was part of a choir.
At lunch a blessing was said,
little did anyone know it was the start of something wonderful.
Over the years,
music was always a part of their lives.
Happy Birthday was sung for three children.
Amazing Grace was often heard on request
and Kumbya was sung every summer in Bible School.
Growing up with my parents was such a blessing.
We were loved,
cared for,
honestly cherished.
I smile when I remember the times around the dinner table eating Dad's pizza.
or
Trying some new muffin Mom cooked up.
Life was simple,
beautiful,
blessed.
I am so grateful for the love between my parents,
that was shared with all those around.
Like everyone,
I heard my parents bicker from time to time.
But,
I knew,
they loved each other,
they'd work it out.
The world would go on.
I think I could easily sing a verse or two of a happy hymn for them any day.
May your life be blessed with "true" love.
The kind they talk about in the Bible.
That brings out the best in those it touches.
Today,
Tomorrow,
Forever!


No comments: