Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's day!


As I drifted into conscious thought,

a smile playing at my lips,

I could smell bacon and coffee.


It seemed to me,

that my eldest must be making breakfast.


So,

with a contented sigh,

I closed my eyes and

cozied down to wait.


In a little while,

my door opened and in came a tray,

with toast,

bacon,

coffee

and even cards

and flowers.


Now,

anyone who knows me very well,

knows I adore flowers,

food

and

cards.


This mornings offerings,

made me grin.


I had a card that proclaimed me queen,

one from the dog that wished me

many happy,

and funny blessings,

extremely good coffee

and

even a gift card

to the teacher's store.


Even if,

I wasn't already happy.


Even if Mother's Day wasn't such a lovely day,

I would have been proud of my oldest's efforts.


I had a friend ask me if I liked being a mom.


I grinned and said that if I was being asked if I enjoyed dealing with the tough and messy parts of motherhood, of course I wasn't crazy.


But,

if I was being asked if it was all worth it,

if my life was better because of my children,

then,

the answer was,

absolutely,

Yes!


Motherhood is not easy.

Some days it is not even fun.

But,

always,

it is a blessing,

a gift,

a treasure.


May your day,

be beautiful.

May you find a happy thought to carry in your heart.


May you always know you have a place in this world.

You are needed,

you are necessary,

you are blessed!

No comments: