Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Sweet teenagers


My nearest ATM is right next to my favorite coffee spot.
Tonight,
as I pulled in to do a bit of banking,
the window at Tim Horton's popped open and a smiling voice sang brightly in my direction.
Across the parking lot came an inquiry.
Was I coming for my regular cup?
I chuckled,
smiled
and assured the sweet kiddo
that I indeed was headed her way.
Walking into the store
to pick out a few cookies for my children's lunch boxes,
the teenager greeted me,
packed up my cookies and rang me up.
When it seemed my purchasing was over,
she looked a tad bemused and questioned,
"Aren't you going to get your blueberry fritter?"
I laughed out loud,
I visit for donuts about once a week,
for coffee a couple of times more.
What fun
to have my order remembered.
I loved regulars when I worked fast food.
How silly that now I am one!
May the kind people
who care for your wants and needs
be blessed,
may you find happiness
in the joys they provide.
May this day and every day bring you blessings and peace.

No comments: