Monday, May 4, 2009

Unusual Gifts

Driving the loop around Columbus known as 270,
on my way to my parents' party yesterday,
my youngest daughter yelled from the back seat that there was a rainbow.

The traffic was rather heavy but,
as I was following my parents and being followed by a dear aunt,
I slowed down my car and aimed my camera at the sky.

I took a few shots,
unsure if I had caught anything.

Later,
back home,
I had to smile at the perfection captured on film.

I have never seen a rainbow that looked like the one we shared.

Katie told me it was a gift when I thanked her for showing me.

She was right.

A treasure offered without cost by a young lady who I am blessed to love.

The best things in life are given and received in this way.

Friendship and love.

We can't buy either.

We need both.

May you,
this night
and always,
feel the care of those who love you,
who are glad to call you friend.

May you be blessed!

No comments: