Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Funny blessings


My sunflower garden is thriving,
despite the plentiful bushy tailed rodents
that populate our neighborhood.
when I planted seeds this spring,
I was absolutely convinced
that my yearly pocket of sunshine
was going to suffer a terrible fate.
However,
I couldn't have been more wrong.
How delightful to find myself mistaken.
Why oh why...
are my seeds being left alone?
Simply this....
Our squirrels like garbage better!
Munching through plastic,
happy for nasty night buffets,
the icky critters,
leave my tender shoots of future beauty alone.
What a happy trick,
a side benefit to what otherwise might be
simply an annoyance.
Now,
when I pick trash up,
I am actually,
almost grateful.
sigh...
How silly is that?
Tonight,
and always,
I pray that you will find happiness.
In the path you are walking,
in the people who love you,
in the beautiful world around you.
If you see a squirrel headed for your garden...
I'm sorry...
maybe you should lose a trash can lid.

No comments: