Monday, May 11, 2009

Cake


In all the world,
my favorite dessert is chocolate cake.
The simple kind that comes in a box
and is adorned with frosting.
Cake makes special occasions better
and ordinary days more lovely.
Can you imagine a birthday without a cake?
A graduation
or a wedding
without all that yummy frosting?
Tonight,
along with dinner,
my eldest
made an absolutely lovely chocolate cake.
With a smile in my heart,
I know with all certainty
that my affection has been passed along.
She will always equate cake
with happiness,
with family,
with love.
Betty Crocker
and Dunkin Hines
should pay me dividends.
Behind the confection,
is a message of care,
of love.
I am blessed to have such very dear children.
May you,
May I,
always keep those we love close to our hearts.
May we be grateful
for the loved ones given to us
and treat them with care.
Each day is a blessing,
a gift.
May yours be beautiful!

No comments: