Saturday, December 26, 2009

A day together...

Today was a lovely day. I crawled out of bed around nine and felt completely spoiled. My two younger children were happily watching my oldest play Nintendo; they had figured dear old mom needed her beauty sleep and hadn't even made a peep in my direction. After a shower, I scooted downstairs and with my kiddos help, finished tiding up from Christmas.

Around eleven, the dear girls and I headed out for and adventure and my guy stayed for a relaxing afternoon with his aide. Before I left, I made him a plate of leftovers and gave him a glass of my Diet Pepsi. He had a smile on my face as I closed the door.

From home it was a happy hop to fetch Coffee at Tim Horton's and then it was only a bitty drive to use a Kohl's card to choose some earrings. My older daughter was delighted and my younger one looked at us patiently, her time would come later. After a stop for a new haircut it was off to lunch at CiCi's Pizza! My children love the place. One of my aunts gave us gift certificates yesterday which we happily put to use today.

Afterwards we stopped at Target and picked up a few needed items and some fun things too! My older daughter purchased a highlighting kit for her hair and I bought my younger one a pack of Pokemon cards. Both left the store with delighted grins.

We were not in the car before my Katie had her cards open and we weren't out of the parking lot before my Anna was reading the back of the highlighting box. I smiled and looked at our package of earrings.

The rest of our afternoon... was just as delightful... I wish I could show you the picture of my oldest child with a highlighting cap on her head.... but, I fear she'd take a while to speak to me and I really like the kid... Tomorrow promises to be equally full of blessings and excitement. I would love to continue my tale, but I am just so sleepy... Suffice it to say, it was a good day.

Peace and Joy to you,
this day and always.
May you be blessed.

No comments: