Friday, December 11, 2009

Dear ones... cover any delicate eyes...

This evening I helped my oldest make cookies to take to her Grandma's house for the "Cousin Cookie Exchange". It seemed like an ordinary, but pleasant evening. The craziness began when I picked up some sweetened condensed milk to make our favorite sugar cookies.

While I was at the store, I also picked up a Gingerbread house. Each year my oldest and I enjoy making a home for Santa. This year after Halloween I had picked up a "Haunted House" for just a few dollars and honestly I imagined that we could use both the Halloween home and the Winter Gingerbread home's pieces and make more icing. I hoped that the resulting masterpiece would make a good memory.

Getting out the Halloween house made my oldest daughter laugh out loud. The wheels in her head began to turn. After a bit of protest, I decided to support the mischievous idea. It seems Santa's workshop had blown up and had to be rebuilt. As we built the home, we came up with a plausible explanation for the craziness.

Perhaps I won't tell you the story, some delicate readers might faint. Suffice it to say that it was a wild tale that she and I will recall for years to come.

Now and always, I wish you harmless fun,
especially the kind that involves gingerbread.

May you be blessed.

No comments: