Sunday, December 20, 2009

naughty ankles...

Climbing out of the car, I grabbed my pack and added a few extra bottles of water and my new metal flashlight. I told the kiddos to put up their hoddies and locked the doors. Turning around, a patch of peach in a place it should not have been caught my eyes. Looking at my younger daughter's ankles I gasped in outrage. My younger daughter... WAS NOT WEARING SOCKS!

I had seen her bare ankles in our living room and had instructed her to get her feet covered properly. In fact, I told her twice. Standing in the snow I shook my head and told her I hoped she didn't freeze. We weren't honestly going to be out for more than an hour... but... sigh... Socks... What was she thinking?

Generally I have an extra pair in my pack but I had not repacked them when I borrowed them on my last weekend outing. Guess the Girl Scout in me just wasn't prepared. =-) Next time I'm checking feet before I leave my driveway.

No comments: