Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Happy thoughts before I sleep...

My day has been very busy, quite likely yours has been too...
I have more work than time.
Though I wish I could stay up longer, I know I must go to sleep...

Before I rest...
I want to name...
to claim...
the happy things on my mind...
on my heart.

I am glad for my parents,
who love me for always...

I am grateful for my children,
they make the work I do have meaning on the days when the job itself holds only hard work.

I am so blessed by the little things...
the sparkling card in the mail from a good friend...
the cookie dough that never makes it to the oven shared with my kids...
my dog stealing ice... and waiting for me to crawl in bed so he can curl up at my feet...
the promise of spring... oh to see where the critters have taken the one hundred bulbs...
pizza...
friendship...
kind strangers...
coffee...

Now and always,
I wish you grace, peace and love.

May your adventures be blessed with good things, good people, good times.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Thanks for this. I will think of my own - and have a good sleep! I actually found this by Googling "happy thoughts for sleep"...