Monday, December 28, 2009

I bought socks...

Much to my oldest child's bemusement and consternation, I used the balance on our Kohl's gift card to buy socks. My Anna, shook her head in disbelief that instead of earrings or, "something good", I would make such a choice. It was in her mind, clearly shopping blasphemy. Socks are one of those things that should apparently just appear as it is such a terrible waste to actually purchase them.

I chuckled at her attitude. She'll be happy tonight when we walk the dog. Everyone will be donning a pair of the, "to the calf", cozy socks that will assure warm feet. Drafts up the pant leg will not be freezing my kiddos tonight!

Don't tell my dear one... but I must confess... I do agree with her theory that socks really should, "just appear"... Just the same, I love warm feet, so I am more than willing to forgo "pretties" to be comfortable when we play outdoors.

No comments: