Sunday, December 13, 2009

Something beautiful...

As afternoon slipped into evening, I found my way upstairs. Though I have been pondering my standards all weekend and have spent considerable time organizing my school things, I have yet to type out my lessons for the upcoming week.

Just a few moments ago, I was sorting through old greeting cards as I prepared a writing prompt for one of my reading group centers when I found something lovely. Glittering in soft colors, I held a garden in my hand. I sighed and reached for my phone to snap a picture.

Though I am grateful for each season, I love summer best. It won't be long before my world is frozen and frigid for quite some time and I must confess not to be looking forward to darkness and chill. Still, the card reminded me of a wonderful fact; winter is not forever.

Our lives often have periods that can seem like winter. Times when it is hard to believe things will turn around. I have walked through a few of these "Winters". I am glad that I know hard times are not forever.

Faith and friendship see us through. They are the warm mittens and cocoa for our hearts. When our own faith wavers, the love and prayers of those around us can help to bring us "home" if we will simply acknowledge that the dark and cold really isn't the best choice. All that is good is a gift from God.

We are called to the Light... to come out of the darkness... to find peace...

Dark and Light... Lasting Joy... Warmth versus the cold...

It is hard not to think big thoughts on chilly dark nights.

Wishing you good things...
Goodnight my friends.

No comments: